Wednesday 4 April 2012

Cory Schneider Interviews on HNIC


If you don't know who this is by now, you need to get out from under whatever rock you've been living under!  This is our "back-up" goalie,...but not really.  His name is Cory Schneider. Not Cory "Snyder" as Milan Lucic's girlfriend recently referred to him as on twitter.  He's not really considered a back up goalie in Vancity though.  Some believe he should be starting for the Vancouver Canucks instead of Roberto Luongo every night.  Personally, I love them both.  I think its wonderful that we have two of the best goalies in the NHL playing for our city.  I like that we have the option of playing Schneider in net when Lu has his nights where he is obviously struggling like he was tonight against Anaheim.  I don't have any hard feelings towards Lu as I know he will bounce back in another game.  Cory is one of the sweetest people I've met.  Very humble and has absolutely no ego at all.  I hope that Canucks will be able to keep him on for next year but I know that it won't happen.  Cory will have to leave us at the end of this season as 29 other teams in the NHL have been drooling over him this past year.  The likes of Stevie Y and Wayne Gretzky have been spotted at Rogers Arena when Schniedz has been playing.  Most likely to scout him out for their own respective teams, The Phoenix Coyotes and the Tampa Bay Lightning.  I can only hope they treat him well where ever he goes cause Vancity will be in mourning the day he leaves.

Anyways...here are two of HNIC's interviews of Cory Schnieder.  The first is of Cory doing his Jannik Hansen impersonation back on Feb 20, 2011.



 This other video is a recent interview on HNIC where he imitates Coach AV with his blessing and then of Burrows at Coach AV's request as he walks by the interview in the hallway.


I know we'll be seeing Cory play in the playoffs at one point or another.  Its inevitable.  Lu can't play all the games.....I'm going to just take it all in while we still have him.  Love this guy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment