Friday 12 October 2012



This is another charity event that I will be working.  It's actually happening tomorrow at Concord Place from 6am to 5pm.  I will be there for my shift at 1pm helping out with the Interactive Zone.  This is where the celebrities who are going to be playing in the tournament, will be signing autographs for fans.  I'm really looking forward to this.

I chose to work this event because of two reasons.  One is that I just plain love hockey.  The second is that unfortunate as it is, Cancer is no stranger to the maternal side of my family.  I lost my grandfather to Prostate Cancer in 2007 and his younger brother to the same disease a year later.  I also have two cousins that were affected with tumors in the last few years and have gone through surgery and treatments to survive. This is a cause that I hold close to my heart.  Maybe one day, we will find a cure to Cancer.

So, I was looking at the celebrity line-up and so far it's pretty impressive.  A lot of Canuck Alumni's have joined the cause along with the Whitecaps Ambassador and former player, Carl Valentine and current roster player, Russell Tiebert.  There are many sports casters that have been drafted as well, like Scott Rintoul and Barry Macdonald.  Also, Emily Zurrer, of the Women's Olympic Soccer Team, is also on the roster of players.  The only woman so far.

Here's a list of the celebrities registered to make an appearance.

I'm hoping it's going to be a nice gray skies kind of day without the rain.  I know I'm kidding myself as the weather has turned into the normal October weather we are used to.  Wind and Rain.  But hey, it could be worse.  We could be living in Calgary where there is already snow on the ground!  I'll just bundle up with my red Molson Canadian Hockey House jacket from the Olympics and wear those $1 stretch gloves to keep my fingers warm.  I'm sure it will be fine.

Anyways, come out and support this great cause if you can.  I'll be there and so will my volunteering family.  Hopefully, I'll see a few familiar faces in the crowds!


No comments:

Post a Comment