Tuesday 9 October 2012

"Your Vancouver Canucks" at the BC Lions game on Saturday!



Yes!  They were there.  I was working this game for BC Place. I was up on the 4th level end zone tunnel when all of the sudden I heard the announcer say "Please welcome you're Vancouver Canucks"  and next thing I knew, they were being shown on the big screen.  I almost died.  I miss my hockey so much. :(

Anyways, after the game was over, they took pics with a couple BC Lions players, the Felions standing by them and then had a chance to go onto the field and toss the football around.  The boys started off just spiraling the ball at one another and then they decided that they would try their hand at field kicks from the 40 line.  Elder was the only one to make a good field goal kick and the fans who lingered behind in the lower bowl cheered for him.

After they were done playing, they left the field and walked away towards the East Entrance.  They took lots of pics with fans and BC Lions employees.  Later that night, after my shift ended, I was on skytrain when a little seven year old got on and sat next to me.  Her parents and family friends were seated across the isle.  She was telling them how she got to talk to Ryan Kesler.  At this point, because I hadn't realized Kesler was with the crew, I asked "Kesler was there too?".  She replied "Yes."  She also told me how she got to say hi to him tell him that she loved him and that he was her favorite player.  It was so cute.  So, I told her that Bieksa was my favorite, who was hers?  She replied that her favourites were Ryan Kesler and Cory Schnieder.  She was so happy that Kesler smiled and said hi back.  It really made her day.  I love stories like this where you can see how much of an impact the Canucks have  just by saying a simple "hi" to someone.

Farhan Lalji was there from TSN and interviewed Bieksa from the sidelines.

Kevin Bieksa's Interview at BC Lions Game with Farhan Lalji on TSN



So, here's some pics I found from the Vancouver Sun that you might want to see.  My pictures turned out grainy as I was just too far up to get a good pic of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment