Monday 2 July 2012

Vancouver Whitecaps 3rd Kit!



Okay, I know I haven't exactly been on the ball lately with the blogging but I've been very busy lately.  So lets catch up for the month of June!

The most anticipated 3rd Jersey for the Vancouver Whitecaps FC were unveiled on June 14th, 2012.  I like the new jersey but it has gotten some mixed reviews on my Facebook page...lol.  Someone had mentioned that it looked like something not very nice.  Others said that there was a reason the "Cleavland Browns" look didn't work.  I think it looks sleek, retro and the color is nice when you see it in person.  The accessories are also really sharp.  This is how the Whitecaps describe this 3rd kit.

"The 'Caps third kit is predominantly arbutus brown, with sky blue accents, which reflects the unique land full of deep roots and the high-reaching arms of the Douglas Fir, Western Red Cedar, Mountain Hemlock, Pacific Dogwood, Lodgepole Pine, and Sitka Spruce."

The team debuted the jersey against the Colorado Rapids on June 16th.  The match resulted in a win for the 'Caps.  So, apparently the jersey is now considered lucky.

Here are some of the awesome accessories that go with this jersey.


Club Ambassador, Carl Valentine was at the fashion show that took place at BC Place on June 14th that had the mens and women's team modeling the new line.


Here are some of the reactions he got from the streets of Vancouver.


Players reactions and behind the scenes look at the fashion show:


So, based on these reactions, I think most people like them.  I am one of the 3rd jersey fans.  I love the color and the style of it.  The accessories are pretty nice too.  If you want one, you can still get one online or from the merchandise kiosks inside BC Place on gamedays.  From what I understand from talking to the merchandise people at BC Place, they are going fast.  If you're not sure about it, go and see it for yourself. I'm sure you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment