Saturday 9 March 2013

Whitecaps Win Home Opener vs Toronto FC


The Supporters were out in full force.  The picture you see above, is courtesy of the Curva Collective supporters.  It was very impressive.

Whitecaps played Toronto FC  on their home opener for the second time and just like tradition, they beat them to a win of 1-0.  The only goal came from Gershon Koffie in the second half.

After the first five minutes of play, an injury occured to Captain, Jay DeMerit.  He suffered a ruptured achillies tendon. After undergoing a successful surgery, he tweeted from his hospital bed.



Our fearless Captain will be out for the remainder of the season healing.  He's also getting married this summer to Ashleigh McIvor.  Get well, Jay!

I didn't work for Whitecaps this shift.  For the month of March I will be working as a Host in Section 242.  I get to watch match again just like my Swangard days when I ushered the Grand Stand.

When I start my shifts with the Whitecaps in April, I will be in a new position this year.  I am the Volunteer Development and Recognition Coordinator.   So, I have actually been busy coming up with new and exciting ideas to keep the volunteer crew excited and engaged for this season.  I'm so ready for this challenge.

Anyways, there's a game on later today.  So, I better get some sleep.  Its 4:30am right now and I need to get up early and head down to BC Place for my shift at 2pm.  Whitecaps vs Columbus Crew!  This should be an easy game for our 'Caps!














No comments:

Post a Comment