Monday 31 October 2011

Canucks Fright Night at the PNE


So, I got home from the BC Lions game late and couldn't sleep so I went on Facebook to check things out.  Around 3am one of my friends messages me and says he has an extra wristband for this event. Apparently all season ticket holders get to meet up with the Canucks between 4-5pm exclusively and get autographs, talk with them and take pictures with them.  So of course, I jumped at this chance.  I've been wanting to meet Kevin Bieksa for a very long time and I finally got to today.

Before Fin and the Clown opened up the gates to the Canucks areas, my friend's little 2 yr old son, James, was set free from his stroller just as Fin came down from the swings and he went running towards him almost like a magnet.  (Thats not James in the pic above, just some random kid riding the swing).  As if on cue, Fin picked him up and took him up on stage to help with the countdown.  It was great.  I even got a pic taken with Fin afterwards.  He was the last major sports mascot I needed to get my pic taken with.  Love that damn Orca. 

I took a picture of the Canucks Legend so we could find the players.  They were all spread out in pairs except for Henrik, Luongo and Kesler.  They had their own stations.

 
I first met up with Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.  Then headed over to Alex Edler and Byron Blitz.  It was the first time I had met Blitz since he's been here.  Edler is such a super awesome person.  Loved talking with him.  Then headed over to Chris Higgins and Maxim Lappiere.  Congratulated them on their excellent night!  So impressive.  Great guys!  Walked around a bit more and ran into Cory Schneider and Andrew Alberts.  Loved talking with Cory...he's so down to earth!  Walked a bit further and saw Lu.  Got in line and received a voucher to make sure we got an autograph from him. We waited maybe 15 mins to see him. That was the longest we had to wait for any of the Canucks.  He was very popular but the line did move fast considering.

With time running out, I headed to Bieksa's corner.  He had Sulzer with him.  I strangely had butterflies in my stomach while standing in line.  That never happens to me no matter who I meet.  I am NOT a puckbunny but I am female and he's just too damn hot to ignore. I really didn't know what to say to him when I was up.  His looks are just too damn distracting. So I took a pic with him and got him to sign my canuck shirt that had his name and number.  Took a pic with Sulzer as well and then headed out to find my friends as they darted off to find Burrows in the other corner of the PNE while I visited with Bieksa. Unfortunately, they were unable to meet him as time had run out.  They said Burrows was paired with Steve Pinizotto.  I felt bad that they weren't able to meet him as it was his finance's favorite player and they had his Jersey with them.   But it was still a great experience.  So thank you, my friends, for thinking of me for this event!  Even though we didn't get to see all the Canucks, it was great meeting the ones we did.

One hour is just not enough time to meet everyone and unfortunately they had another engagement that night.  Kesler was throwing his annual "Halloween Party" at his place right after the event for his team mates. I hope they had fun.

 This is what he had to say after the event on twitter.




Kesler even tweeted a photo of his costume.



Gotta love his spirit! Happy Halloween Kesler and to all the Canucks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment