Sunday 16 October 2011

Roar you Lions Roar!


Andrew Harris on the run. Picture taken from BC Lions website. 

BC lions win 29-18 to make it their eighth straight!
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have been elimiated from making the playoffs thanks to the BC Lions.  I thought this would have been an easy win, but it wasn't so.  Got to give the 'Riders some credit.  They had the lead up until the 4th quarter when the BC Lions decided to take charge and end it with two touchdowns.  It was a slow game to watch with only field goals being exchanged by both teams.  I was really hoping the Lions would be able to pull off a win cause for awhile there, I really wasn't sure.  But then they picked it up and turned up the heat on the 'Riders.  It at least gave some of my friends in Sask a glimmer of hope after the horrible outings they have had in the last few games.  Arland Bruce and Harris lead the way with the endzone romps in the 4th and Paul McCallum consistently kicked field goals to keep the boys in the game.  I love this team.

If you ever wondered what the BC Lions fight song is, here ya go!  Sing it the next time your at a Lions game!

C'mon and roar you Lions roar
Thats what a Lions roar is for
From the mountains to the sea
You are the pride of all BC

RAH RAH!

So buckle down and play the game
You'll lead us on to football fame

We love the L
The I
The O, N, S

C'mon and roar you Lions
Roar you Lions
Roar you Lions roar

RAH RAH RAH!

I have my BC Lions volunteer party at the BC Lions Surrey Training Facility on Wednesday and will be updating again after that.  Can't wait for my Geroy Simon signed shirt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment