Monday 7 November 2011

1st Place in the West, Cookie-eating Felions and a Flying Pig!!


The BC Lions played an incredible game on Saturday night against the Montreal Allouettes with a 43-1 rout!  Both teams were playing for first place in their divisions and with the loss, the Allouettes let the Winnipeg Bluebombers clinch first place in the East after owning that title for the last 3 yrs straight!  Calgary and Edmonton both won their games this week and so this was a must win for BC Lions and they didn't dissapoint.  With all the build-up to the game all week long, I really thought it would be a tough one to end the season with. Montreal is a strong team in the East and had alot of people nervous, especially with Anthony Calvillo at the helm.  As it turned out, our Lions were ready to roll that night and showed every team in the league that they are the real deal and THE team to beat for the Grey Cup.  So, with this win, Calgary and Edmonton will play on Nov 13th and the winner of that match-up will head over to BC Place on Nov 20th to play our BC Lions for the Western Conference Final.  The winner of that game will go on to play in the Grey Cup held in Vancouver on the 27th.

If you weren't at the game and are looking for highlights, here ya go!


I was at the Stadium on Saturday night working the CAT team for the BC Lions.  I can tell you that excitement for the games are getting crazier and crazier.  The fans have been absolutely amazing.  They come dressed to the nine in orange and black and are ready to support our team in every which way!  I had a few curious questions about the big black pig seen flying up above the stadium that night as well.  For those who don't already know, its for the announcement that Roger Waters from Pink Floyd will be coming in March of 2012.  Not sure how long the pig will be there for though.  Sorry.


It was freezing outside my gate so I went inside at kickoff and then 10 mins after kickoff I headed back to the CAT lounge to put my coat away.  On the way back up, I took the elevator and had 10 Felion cheerleaders with me in their skimpy outfits and calendars in hand.  Some wore their jackets and others didn't.  So I had to ask.  "Aren't you gals cold?".  The answer was yes, except from the one who had ran for the elevator.  She was feeling hot. LOL.   It was nice to see one of them actually eating chips ahoy cookies....I told her those were good and that I had a few in my pocket too that I took from the CAT lounge. She agreed, they were. ;)  


I don't think anyone was expecting a complete blow-out that night.  Like I said before, Montreal is a strong team and I was certainly nervous that we had to play them for a game that actually had a lot on the line.  But the Lions have always fared better in our building when playing the Allouettes.  So we had that on our side.  We all watched in amazement as the Lions kept getting touchdown after touchdown.  I watched fans in the hallways getting beer or food in lineups and they opted not to go back to their seats.  Instead watched from there as there are flat tv screens mounted around every concession stand in the building.  Fans will never miss another play again.

Here's a pic I took of the West Entrance to the field on my way back to the CAT lounge.


I got to leave early halfway thru the 3rd quarter because most of the CAT team had to turn our clocks one hour back before bed and get up early to come downtown for the Grey Cup Orientation the next morning.  I left when the Lions were up 34-1 and by the time I got home, the game had finished and the final score was 43-1!!!!  Amazing.  Never thought we would dominate the way we did.  Glad we did though. :)  Our next BC Lions game is now on November 20th against the winner of the Calgary-Edmonton game.  Make sure you're all there!  #54Kstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment