Wednesday 30 November 2011

Schneiderman does it again!



Last night my friend, Stefani, on facebook was selling her pair of tix for the Columbus game tonight.  She had to work unfortunately and wasn't able to make it, so I offered to take them off her hands.  Besides the fact that I've been dying to go to a Canucks game since this new season started.  So I met up with her this morning at a skytrain station and the deal went down.  We also go to catch up a bit.  It was great seeing you again Stef and thank you for the tix!!  (She reads my blog.) :)

So I met up with a friend for dinner for the pre-game meal at St. Regis downtown.  It was the fist time we had gone back since the Stanley Cup Final Game 7.  The waitress recognized me right away as I walked thru the door.  She said I could sit at any table and she even remembered my choice of drink!  Now thats great service!  I even showed her my picture with Bieksa...yes, you know which one.  Her reaction "OMG!!  He is sooooo hot!! How did you get that picture with him??" LOL.  We also talked about what happened the day of the riots.  She said as soon as they got word there were car fires in the area, they asked all the patrons to leave and they shut the place down.  I thought of them the day after when I did my little walk through of Vancouver and saw the windows boarded up.  Glad they were all safe inside. So, I waited for my friend to arrive and then we ordered dinner which came very quickly and we were able to get out of there in good time.  We walked down to the stadium and got ourselves settled.


We were seated in the Budwieser Zone at the end of the rink, Sec 330, dead centre.  It was a fun section.  The "mexican wave" was attempted at least 10 times by our end to no avail.  It died faster than it started.  At least the effort was there.  I went to use the washroom and ran into my CAT team volunteer friend, Jorge, working as the 50/50 person.  So I bought three tickets from her.  The jackpot at the end of the night was around $33,000.  Unfortunately, I didn't win and neither did my friend. 

During intermissions we watched a David Booth interview with Joey Kenward, Fin shooting the shirt gun at the crowd and a minor league hockey game which was very entertaining.



During the TV Break.  Canucks just hanging around their bench.



My friend and I managed to get ourselves onto the Big Screen towards the end of the night thanks to the kid dancing next to me!!

In the end, the Canucks won 4-1 with goals coming from D. Sedin, Booth, Kesler and Burrows.  Assists to Hammer, Bieksa, Higgins, Edler, Salo, Burrows, D.Sedin and Kesler.

We stayed behind to watch the 3 stars of the night and cheered on Kesler and Schneidz as loud as we could.  My voice is almost gone now. 


It was a great night.  Thanks for the company Leslie-Anne and thanks again for the tix, Stef!!!

I'll leave you with David Booth's tweet just moments ago about the game tonight.  It says it all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment