Friday 25 November 2011

Grey Cup Weekend is Finally Here!!!


Two years in the planning for my crew and its finally here!!!  I'm a Team Leader for events in Hospitality so I get to do some fun things this weekend.  My First Grey Cup Weekend activity as TL was yesterday.  The CFL Gibson's Finest Player Awards were held last night followed by the Blake's After Party to kick things off.  I manned my team for coat check.  We had almost 500 coats so we were busy and my team was amazing.  All things went well and a good time was had by all.  Met lots of coaches, players, fans and Grey Cup organizing committee members and they all had great things to say so far about Vancouver and the wide array of things to do for the Festival.  We also hosted the Saskatchewan Riderville Party in the Vancouver Convention Centre so that made things interesting.  You could find people dressed up in their favorite team logos, in elegant evening attire or even dressed as Elvis.  Here are some pics from last night's award location.

This is the room where the Gibson's Finest Player Awards was held.


Blake's After Party where they had drinks and were served really yummy food. $150 a ticket.  I had 3 spare ones that no one wanted. :(


My Coat Check Room where my team was amazing to work with.


Here are a few things in the Interactive Fan Zones.


You'll see these Footballs coming out thru the ground all around the VCC that you can take your pic with.


I was relieved at the end of the night of my duties by my Manager, Kathy so I could get home at a decent hour so I could get some sleep before I had to wake up at 6:30am the next morning to go to my next Activity, Team Practices, which you'll read about in my next post. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment